Business Opportunities in Hebei, a Key Neighbor of Beijing
1. Hebei is called “Ji” for short. With a total area of 188,000 km2 and a population of 70 million, Hebei is the sixth place in economic performance and among the top 10 export provinces on Chinese Mainland. It is a large economic province in northern China and a land full of hopes and dreams in investment.
环京津 A province that encircles Beijing and Tianjin
2．Hebei encircles Beijing and Tianjin and the three sides have formed the economic circle of “Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei”. This economic circle boasts of 120 million consumers, robust economic growth, mature industry and commerce, and ample supply of human resources. It has become the third economic growth pole following the Yangtze River Delta and Pearl River Delta.
3. As a key neighbor of Beijing, Hebei has close relations with it. The Qing Dynasty(1644- 1912) planned the summer resort palace and imperial tombs both in Hebei.
4、 如今，从北京通往各地的干线铁路和公路，都须经河北向全国辐射。2012年，全省11个设区市将全部贯通高速铁路，9个市与北京、天津构成一小时交通圈，3个市与北京、天津构成半小时交通圈； 所有县城全部通高速公路。
4. Now, the major railways and roads that link Beijing with the rest of China all pass through Hebei. By 2012, 11 prefecture-level cities will all have high-speed railways, 9 cities will be linked to Beijing and Tianjin with only one hour, 3 cities will be linked to Beijing and Tianjin with half an hour, and all county towns will have high-speed roads.
5. The airports in Hebei—3 old airports respectively in Shijiazhuang, Shanhaiguan and Handan and 5 new airports under construction—and two international airports in Beijing and Tianjin will link Hebei with the outside world.
6. As a province that abuts Beijing and Tianjin, Hebei is the first to benefit from the science and technology, human resources, markets, information and industrial development of both Beijing and Tianjin.
7. Hebei has more than 1 million college students and almost 1 million students in vocational education. A large amount of high quality and skillful management talents and technical workers have been supplied to various types of enterprises, greatly contributing to the economic growth.
8. It is a strategic key point for Hebei to play to the full the advantages of neighboring Beijing and Tianjin and to boost the economic growth.
环渤海 The Pan-Bohai Sea Region
9. Hebei is located at the core area of the Pan-Bohai Sea Region. It has 487 kilometers of coastal lines and the economic growth belt along these lines is on the rise.
10. The harbors in Qinhuangdao, Tangshan and Huanghua have established trade relations with more than 4 hundred harbors in other countries. Based on the three harbors, Hebei is planning to build three new coastal cities—Caofeidian,Huanghua and Beidaihe--with each of them having more than 1 million populations, in hope of transforming Hebei from an inland province to a coastal one.
11. Caofeidian Industrial Zone, the national-level Demonstration Area of Recycling Economy and the largest project cluster during China’s 11th Five Year Plan (2006-2010), is becoming a new engine to boost the development of Hebei.
12. The 1.1 million hectares of coastal areas and over 400,000 hectares of land for harbor industries are deemed as the huge wealth to build Hebei into a strong coastal province.
13. Hebei has alluring investment opportunities---its comprehensive land cost is 1/3 of the average land cost of China’s coastal areas; its labor cost is 1/2 of the average labor cost of China’s coastal areas; its average salaries are ranked the 10th place among China’s 12 coastal provinces; and other key costs are all cheaper than other provinces.
新商机 New Commercial Opportunities
14. Based on the geographic advantage of neighboring Beijing and Tianjin and encircling the Bohai Sea, Hebei will develop 3 economic zones to build a new economic growth pole.
15. The precise positioning, the clear development goal and the project of face-lifting Hebei within 3 years make Hebei a cradle of civilization and wealth.
Shijiazhuang, the capital of medicine and the northern commercial hub
Baoding, the valley of electricity and the city of low carbon.
Zhangjiakou, the famous city in the west of Beijing and the base of wind-power
Chengde, the imperial resort and the base of vanadium and titanium
Qinhuangdao, the renowned coastal city and the harbor of energies
Tangshan, the cradle of the industry and the northern large harbor
Langfang, the corridor that links Beijing and Tianjin and the city of science and education
Cangzhou, the new city along the Bohai Sea and the base of chemical industry
Hengshui, the city of light industry with beautiful lake views
Xingtai, the new city of coal chemical industry and the base of photovoltaic industry
Handan, the commercial hub and the base of new materials
17. As the economy becomes diversified, Hebei has found a new opportunity of rapid growth, that is to implement the plan of doubling the industrial output of Hebei to 1.2 trillion yuan within 5 years since 2008.
18. The industries of iron and steel, equipment manufacturing and petrochemical are undergoing an industrial reshuffle in a bid to realize the industrial upgrading. The equipment manufacturing industry that features high-speed MU trains, large and medium-sized transformers and light pick-ups is becoming a new pivotal industry after iron and steel.
19. Hebei’s traditional industries like medicine, construction materials and construction, food and textile and garment have already had some competitive edge during the industrial reshuffle.
20. The emerging industries like modern services, high-tech, new energies and energy-saving and environmental protection are developing rapidly. The electronic information industry has maintained a 40 percent increase annually; the production capacity of solar power photovoltaic batteries stays in the top place in China. Within 5 years, Hebei will build a wind-power base that can generate more than 10 million kilowatt-hours of electricity.
21. Hebei’s agriculture is modernizing with its production outputs of meat, eggs, vegetable and fruits staying in the top in China. 55.6 percent of Hebei’s agriculture has been industrialized.
22. The rapid growth of Hebei’s industries will offer immense commercial opportunities and huge profit margins for investors.
23. Successful men tend to love the land that creates legend and wealth. Hebei’s economic development zones and industrial parks can be the first choice of many strategic investors.
24. The beautiful landscape and the efficient working environment of Hebei have attracted 76 World Fortune 500 companies such as GE, Siemens and Panasonic to invest in Hebei.
25. State enterprises like Sinopec, PetroChina and Shougang also love to invest in Hebei. So do famous domestic companies like Midea and Huawei.
26. Hebei will join hands with investors to make the best use of the opportunities during the process of economic growth and transition.